Monday, August 6, 2007

MacBookPro

I've been feeling kinda blase about computers lately, so I got a MacBookPro for myself, hoping to have something new and interesting to learn.

I tried, i really really tried, to like OSX. I tried to be creative and take video of my kids and my dog and download them into iMovie and upload them somewhere so all the extended family could see wonderful stuff. But the mac wouldn't download from the camera. I thought I'd take some pictures and bring them into iPhoto and sync them to Flickr, but no, the CF Card reader i had didnt want to work with the mac. I had some old home movies that I thought I'd edit with iMovie, but alas, they were in WMV format and while i managed to find some software to convert them to .mov, it didn't do a very good job. And i tried to like Parallels and install vista and work on a VM, but for the life of me, i couldn't get the Blackberry Java Dev Tool thing to install...kept telling me I wasn't an admin of the machine.

And there are just some things i took for granted on Windows, things i just know how to do. Like mapping a drive. Like writing a batch file. And I'm not saying you cant do those things on the mac, i'm sure you can. And I'm sure some people will think the mac way is better. I'd like to agree, but I couldn't figure out the mac way. And I think i'm pretty handy with google.

Anyways, I lasted exactly 8 days before I installed bootcamp and Vista. I left the OSX partition there, just in case i want to check out the OSX-y-goodness, but honestly, i probably will never bother.

That all said, the hardware is sweet.

No comments: